- Always try to stay calm. We know it is not always possible, but try.
- Tell the bullies to stop. It does not always help, but it might.
- Be quiet and simply walk about. Run, even, if you need to.
- Try to brush it off with some humour.
- Speak to an adult. If they are not listening, tell them it’s important.
- See something, say something.
- If you do not know who to talk to, or you feel like hurting yourself, please speak to someone. Send us a message, or contact your national help line.
- Spend more time with people who make you feel better and avoid those that bring you down.
- Avoid being alone – bullies are more hesitant to bully you when there are lots of people around.
- With cyber bullying become more mainstream, stay away from the internet – avoid checking your social media frequently.
- If you are bullied on social media, delete the accounts in question, but make a screen shot before you do, so that you have evidence when you speak to a parent or teacher.
- Avoid areas where bullies are frequenting such as smoking spots, areas out of sight of teachers or adults.
Please follow and like us: